Fine and golden sand, stately coconut trees, crystal clear waters and a supernal and peaceful view are altogether one of the gifts East side St. Maarten / St. Martin / Sint Maarten has reserved for you. Dawn Beach is located really close to Princess Heights Hotel; it would only take you a 5 to 10 minute walk to enjoy this daydream beach and what it offers to you.
For active visitors, snorkeling in Dawn Beach is a must; the coral reef will delight your eyes. What is always a true pleasure is to take a stroll along Dawn Beach. The landscape and calm atmosphere invite you to get some rest and relax by doing what you feel is best: walking, contemplating beautiful sunrises, sit and look over to St. Barth’s or having a picnic with friends. Yet, if you don't want to bring food and drinks along with you, have a walk to Mr. Busby's, right on the beach, or walk over to the waterfront restaurant at Oyster Bay Resort. Of course, there is always the option of driving to the nearby restaurants on Oyster Pond, like Captain Oliver's, where you can have a casual lunch.
If visiting Dawn Beach with your family, bear in mind that Dawn Beach is not always the ideal beach for toddlers or young children. Due to a rocky division, walking over the beach from one side to the other might be difficult. Remember that reefs are great and important in Dawn Beach, that is way regarding activities, there are no motorized water sports.
- Atlantic Ocean
- Current is parallel to the beach
- Sunrise (No sunsets)
- Quiet and calm beach
Activities on the beach
- Renting body boards ($5-$10)
- No motorized water sports due to the reefs and rocks close to the shore
- Mr. Busby’s: $6 per day
- Rent at Princess Heights: $5 per day
- Not possible at the Westin
- Mr. Busby’s / Daniel’s at the Sea (great lobster and hamburgers)
- Beau Beau’s (American and Caribbean cuisine)
3 minute walk from Princess Heights, it is the closest beach to the hotel.
- Princess Heights guests who prefer to stay close to the hotel for the day.
- Families; there is a nice and calm atmosphere on the beach and the current is parallel to the beach.
It carries the name due to the fact that on a clear morning there is a wonderful sun dawn.